Guide to Becoming a Male/Gay Webcam Model
It's super easy to sign up as a male webcam model on most adult cam sites. The hard part, is making money. Below, you will find out how to become a gay cam model on our top 3 sites for males to model on. After the section about how to sign up on each site, there is a section on tips and tricks to make money. Each section will cover how to become a male chat host on that site, followed by a brief review of why that site is good to be a performer on.
Please note that our links will take you directly to the broadcaster registration pages of each site.
- Register your broadcaster account
- Agree to the Performer Agreement
- Submit your age verification
- Don't log in to your account until you get verified, to avoid being banned
Chaturbate has a huge number of male webcam models. As you scroll through the male category page, you will find a boatload of men on cam. Most of these guys aren't professionals looking to earn money. They are mostly straight guys jacking off on cam, while trying to convince cam girls to join their rooms and watch them for free.
If you are looking to be a professional male cam model, you can easily build a loyal user base for yourself. These users will log in to Chaturbate, just to watch you when you log on.
You can set your profile up, so that only certain genders and locations can see you. If you want to be a male cam model, but not a gay one, you will have to make yourself hidden to men, otherwise that's going to be the majority of the users who visit your room.
On Chaturbate, you get 5 US cents per token received in tips. That's about 62% commission. You can get paid twice a month, with a minimum pay out of $50.00.
- Enter in your email address and a password
- Choose your account type, single or studio
- Select your category and change your gender to Boy/Gay
- Enter in your personal information
- Submit your documents for age verification
If you prefer going the route of private rather than public shows, LiveJasmin is the place to be.
LiveJasmin is the classiest sex cam site. They offer a premium service where nudity is not permitted in the free chat rooms. The performers on LiveJasmin are all professionals that must abide by certain rules. You will need to have a HD camera to work on LiveJasmin, 720 HD is the minimum, but 1080 HD is the recommendation.
You should set up your profile to include what you are willing to perform in a private show. Just don't forget that if you're committed to doing something there, you will have to do it when it comes time for a show.
On LiveJasmin, you get 30-60% of what members pay for private shows with you. When a user signs up through your referral link, you get an additional 20% commission on what he spends on you.
- Sign up with a new account
- Provide an electronic signature
- Upload your ID pictures
- Setup your payout
CamSoda is a hip new site with a ton of cool features. As far as porn and innovation are concerned, no sex cam site tries to implement technology as hard as CamSoda does. It is the only website where users can currently cam2cam while using their smartphone.
CamSoda is actually not that popular under the male cam model category. When you check it, you will be lucky to find one or two online.
It might sound strange to you, but that's exactly why you should sign up.
On other male webcam sites, you would be competing with hundreds of other male performers. On CamSoda, you can currently hog all the glory for yourself.
CamSoda is currently the only site that we know of that offers health insurance support to its performers.
On CamSoda, you get between 5 and 5.5 US cents per token you receive. Based on commission, that's between 50% and 55%. According to CamSoda, you actually get 80% to 85% of the profit, after working out all the sites operating costs.
Tips to Making More Money as a Gay/Male Webcam Model
- Get a high quality webcam
- Invest in the appropriate sex toys (dildos, anal beads, Lovense/OhMiBod, fleshlights...)
- Build a fan base
- Sell custom content
- Create a wishlist of gifts you would like
- Be open minded
- Consider dedicating yourself to a niche
- Broadcast on multiple sites to increase your exposure
- Set up your social media profiles to attract followers
- Don't give up on the slow days - everyone has their ups and downs
Tips For Privacy as a Gay/Male Webcam Model
- Set up your privacy settings
- Use a separate email address for camming, we recommend mail.com
- Block out the regions you don't want to see you
- Assign trusted moderators in your chat rooms, on the sites where you can
- Don't give out your real personal information to users
- Hide your location settings on everything you share
The best three webcam sites to be a male webcam model on are Chaturbate, LiveJasmin, and CamSoda. They are all different sites with different benefits. We recommend signing up to LiveJasmin if you are going for the premium private experience, and to Chaturbate and CamSoda if you are going the free chat route.
You will need to remember to set up your privacy settings, to avoid your friends and family finding out.
We have an entire separate article dedicated to how to make more money on cam. It is written mostly in the perspective of cam girls, but still holds many useful tips for being a male cam host.
If you are going to sign up to just one site to give it a try, we recommend starting off with Chaturbate. Its sign up process is quick, and it doesn't have many restrictions. Just make sure not to drink alcohol or do drugs on cam.
Don't forget to follow out tips to making more money.